Land Tejas is collecting inquiries from potential developers of hotels, condominium buildings, restaurants, retail and other commercial tenants for Lago Mar’s future mixed-use entertainment district, anchored by the 12-acre Crystal Lagoon amenity (completed December 2019). For more information about development opportunities, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
The Lago Mar master-planned community location will offer 35 acres of commercial development opportunities including locations for new hotels, restaurants, retail and entertainment destinations directly on I-45 and surrounding the largest Crystal Lagoon amenity in the United States based on length and lagoon perimeter.
- The mixed-use entertainment district is divided into three distinct areas:
- Residential designated amenities on the west side of the lagoon including a 10,000 square foot clubhouse and beaches primarily for residents of the community
- Commercial development land including locations for condo, hotel, retail, restaurant and entertainment destination on the north and east side of the lagoon
- A pay-for-access Beach Club for the general public on the south side of the lagoon, began offering daily-fee beach access through Lagoonfest in 2020
- Beach Club: This pay-for-access facility is will create a vibrant location for hotels, retail and dining as it is projected to bring +400,000 visitors to the site each year.
- Retail: More than 20 acres of retail, restaurant and dining are available for development directly on the lagoon, with some of the best sunset views in the Houston market.
- Residential: There are currently more than 1,000 homes built and occupied at Lago Mar built by many of the nation’s leading builders. Upon completion there will be more than 4,200 residential homes at Lago Mar. There are also locations for townhome development and up to 5 condo buildings with direct views and access to the lagoon.
- Hotels: There are up to 4 locations around the lagoon perimeter for potential hotel development including a beachfront resort, a hotel adjacent to the future public access beach club, a conference hotel and a business hotel on I-45.
Key Area Information
- Direct Interstate 45 visibility with over 100,000 cars per day
- Ideally located between downtown Houston and Galveston beaches
- New Interstate 45 exit for Lago Mar Boulevard, coming soon!
- New schools in development to accommodate the Lago Mar project and service the growing resident population
- Adjacent to the Tanger Outlet Mall with more than 4 million annual visitors and Buc-ee’s Travel Center Gas Station
Request More Information
For more information on development opportunities at Lago Mar or to inquire about future retail or restaurant space availability, please contact us by filling out this form.